Monday, November 29, 2010

The rest of the story...

So you wanna know how the detox stories end?  Hit my facebook page...Mel MeMe Byrd and visit the "Notes" tab.  All the details are there!  Suffice it to say that I finished like a champ!  I lost about 12 lbs and am now wearing a size smaller!  And I have kept it off since Oct while others gained their weight back.  I still juice about once or twice a day.  I still eat raw fruits and carrots daily.  I have oatmeal for breakfast, after my fruit juice and I have salmon or tuna for lunch and/or dinner.  I eat flaxseed cereal and snack on apple sauce for my sugar fix.  I am also following the blood type A diet which calls for a mostly vegetarian lifestyle but I can't eat only green plants...what am I  - a cow in the pasture?  Of course not.  So I have given up beef and pork, eat very little chicken and eat more fish and some turkey.  There are certain things that the book says that I should avoid like tomatoes and potatoes.  They must be tripping but I have reduced my intake of those things.  Also on my avoid list - mangos, plantain and coconuts.  What?!  As my sister said - do they know that we are Jamaican and that is a staple of our diet??  Nonetheless, I have reduced my intake of those things too.  And lastly, the croup de grace - no shrimp, no lobster, no crab.  WTF??  Do you mean to tell me that I can no longer have my small jumbo (refers to an order of small jumbo shrimp)?  I can't have my crab stuffed shrimp?  No more lobsterfest?  Awww dawg - you really tripping now!  Well, nonetheless, again I conceded.  And so far, it has worked!  I have kept off the weight, and even wore a bikini in Jamaica (the pic is on my FB page).  I didn't know that skinny could be fun!  Well, it is!  I have made it fun!  I love eating healthy - it makes me look good and feel good!  Now, I just need to conquer this exercise thing...I wish it came in a pill too!

No comments:

Post a Comment