Monday, April 23, 2012

Anxiety Antics - T minus 14

So I have been dating my man since Oct.  We met in Sept on the internet.  It wasn't love at first site as we missed our first date because neither of us called the other to confirm.  Well, I reached back out to start it back up and by Nov, he was falling in love with me.  I fell shortly thereafter.  He was so attentive and he pampered me.  I got breakfast in bed.  I got flowers.  I got all the sex that I wanted.  Life was good!  Then in Jan, he increased his business and the demand on his time increased.  We saw each other less and less until it was down to once a week.  Our calls went from several, intimate calls to one per day - "I just wanted to say good nite".  It had deteriorated.  I had anxiety as I thought I had done something wrong to cause this to happen.  Well last nite, we had a good conversation.  He admitted that his business is stressing him out.  I was able to say that I was unhappy without breaking up, which is my norm.  We have agreed to spend more time together. So today I am counting the next 14 days to see how quickly we can turn this around.  I am skeptical but enthusiastic.  It is exciting to have another chance.  Another chance to get to know him all over again.  Another chance to learn something new about me.  He had meetings late tonite, again.  I decided not to stay up to talk.  My energy now is going towards great things that are happening in my life, not to forcing my eyes open to talk. I think I'm a little bitter....hmmm...better check my self.  Gratitude is the right attitude or so they say.  Sometimes, I am not sure that shit works...

No comments:

Post a Comment