Monday, September 20, 2010

Day 6 - down 7 lbs!

So I got approval from my doc to conitnue with my detox but I have to get my blood levels checked weekly.  The spinach in my diet works against my coumadin and I need to have thin blood.  I went this morn and they were all gushing over me!  I loved it!  They were like - you look like a model...I love your hair...can I do your diet...you look great!!  How supportive!  I loved it!  I was fully dressed when I went to the doc ofc as I had to go to chapter mtg afterwards.  Usually, I go the doc in casual clothes...drab and no make up.  This time, I had on my tight, royal blue dress, high heels and plenty of mascara.  Mascara is the new Amex card...don't leave home without it!  And get this...I was asking them to weigh me!!  What???!!  Usually, the scale is chasing me thru the office but this time, I was chasing the scale all around the mulberry bush!  I grabbed him and jumped on...it said 176!  What??!!  Let me try this again...176!  Woo Hoo!  I have never been under 180 lbs at the doc office!  Progress!  That made me switch even harder as I proudly walked out of the doc's office and declared...by Christmas, you won't recognize me!  I already told Santa that I want a flat stomach for Christmas.  For NYE, my belly will be out!!  Watch what I tell ya!

I leave the doc office, run home to juice, dance and pee.  That seems to be most of my routine this week.  I listen to 100.3 alot!!  They play the best music of my life...80's rock!  "Someday love will find you, break those chains that bind you!  One night will remind you, how we touched and went our separate ways!"  Journey kicks ass dude!!  So I juice me up 1/2 of honeydew melon...skin, seeds and all and drink it down.  Now I have to plan for being in the Sigma house for 3 hours.  I grab a gallon of distilled water.  I cut up 4 carrots, 1 cucumber and 3 roma tomatoes.  Put them all in baggies and away we go!  I sit in chapter meeting...talking, eating, drinking...uh oh, gotta pee pee...talking, fussing, gossipping,  eating, drinking...uh oh...gotta #1 and #2.  I look around the room at all my lovely Sorors and so wish I could give so many of them good health for their birthday.  But it is not mine to give...I share, but it is up to them to claim it.  If you haven't yet, claim your health.  It's like an uncashed lottery ticket...it's just waiting on you to cash it in and be a millionaire in the fight against illness and disease, which are waiting to plague you and rob you of your millions.  Well I cashed in my ticket...will you?

I leave chapter and head to see Tam and Eric for my private counseling session.  They review my lab results and find that my urine and saliva is too acidic (6.26) which causes an environment for disease.  They will test it again at the end of detox and see if I am normal (6.4) by then.  We chit and chat about temptation and how I was really tested this week.  I had to detox, do liquid diet for one day along with a bowel prep then sit thru a procedure which caused me call on the name of Jesus for 3 hours, consecutively!  This past week showed me who I know myself to be -- tenacious, responsible and strong willed.  Yeah, that is me!

I leave there and have to go to a prayer vigil for my Soror, Remel Duncan.  She is ill, very ill.  She has brain cancer and is going in for surgery on Monday.  She is such a brave soul.  We met in the backyard of her brother's house where she gave testimony that she knows that God is using her for something.  She was happy that we were all there.  I was happy that I was there too.  About 60 people or so showed up as her minister prayed over her.  It was moving.  Remel openly asked everyone to not leave without a hug...how loving is that?!  She was able to show her soft side even when being strong is called for.  What a blessing!  It made me realize that showing love actually take something...it takes courage, it takes heart and it takes a willingness to accept the love that comes back to you.

So I end this post with..."I love you Remel!"  And I know you love me!  What a great feeling that is!

No comments:

Post a Comment