Monday, September 13, 2010

First day of my 21 day detox!

Today, Sept 13, is the first day of my 21 day detox. Under the guidance of the team at Restored, Inc (Tammye and Eric), I am taking on this challenge. I went grocery shopping for the first time in months and spent $106 on fruits and vegetables...and oh yeah, water. I had a cart full of stuff and asked for assistance taking it to the car. Then I wished the man at the grocery store could ride home with me and take the stuff from my car to the kitchen! As I unpacked the groceries, I wondered how my body would react to not having beef, chicken or fish. I have never done anything like this before so I am a little hesitant. During my session today, they talked about "healing crisis." I hoped that if I had one, it would come and go quickly and not linger like my period! Is it okay to pray for something like that?? Well during my prayers, I'll ask God. He'll tell me. He always tells me. I also got a juicer from my friend Annette (thanks Nette Mae). She bought it on clearance from Macy's with the best of intentions. However, it has sat in the box for months. I got it from her yesterday and then went to Chili's to have another comfort food indulgence. That was my goal this week...eat everything and anything, for tomorrow I juice! So I got my juicer. I got my fruits and vegetables. I got a little bit of will power and a whole lotta excuses. But that won't stop me from moving forward and being in action towards better health! Wish me luck and stay tuned for updates on my 21 day juice journey...

No comments:

Post a Comment